Divorce - Can a Woman Ask for It?
  • Question:
    I’m married woman and my husband is most of the time jobless, and its his habit to beat me after some days or after months, and I cant bear this situation, what should I do, I’m much educated then him, but he hurts my ego every time, I warned him that if he would beat me, I would take divorce from him or khula from the court.

    Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

    Thank you for your question.

    We are saddened to hear your situation. We pray for your relief and safety.

    No one deserves to be in a violent or abusive relationship. Your husband should seek help through marriage therapy and anger-management classes. If your husband fails to provide for you or you are being abused, you have a right to seek separation and divorce.

    And Allah knows best.

    Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question