Wife Avoids Sex
  • Question:

I am father of 2 kids both kids are adult, and after so many years past my wife is avoiding me to have sexual relationship, she is active working household she is active in all manners, but whenever I call her or go beside her she is behaving with me insulting attitude, and I go in depression, and cannot even considerate well in my salah also, so what does Islam or hadith says for such type of woman to do, where I am wrong asking her too but she says nothing is wrong just avoiding me to have sexual relation with her and I have to go always towards her she does not even respond.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

May Allah bless you with goodness in your family and marriage life.
    A husband and wife may enjoy intercourse as per their needs, as often as they wish. Each partner should be considerate of the other in terms of needs, health and timings. Mutual understanding and moderation is key in a healthy marital relationship.
    Women are more emotional, hence you may want to show extra kindness and also address your wife’s emotional needs. Doing so will hopefully make things easier to have a better understanding in expectations from one another.

We suggest you have a sit-down with her and respectfully speak to her about your concerns. If that is not of any benefit, you may want to have family therapy or couples counselling with a marriage counsellor, elder or imam of the community.
    We pray Allah instill increased love and cooperation in your marriage.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question