Dealing with Fraudulent Activities
  • Question:
    I am a recent revert and still learning the right way to deal with situations according to Islam. My question is how do you deal with an environment where you constantly witness fraudulent activity and are sometimes asked to take part in it regardless of always denying. Is there a dua I can say when such things come up to enable me stay strong in my morals as usually these situations arise when I’m pressed for funds. I am looking for a job where such situations will not arise but in the mean time I need advise on how to cope.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

May Allah bless you tremendously for your concerns to be firm on goodness and Islam.
    Our recommendations are as follows:

• Make dua’as (supplications) to Allah to always keep you on guidance and the true path.
    • Always avoid the surroundings and people who engage in fraudulent and evil activities.
    • Have good friends.
    • If you are struggling with funds, you should approach legitimate sources for help, such as government agencies, relief organizations or Islamic centers where they help with zakah funds for the needy.
    • Whenever there is an urge for sin, recite Quran and prophetic supplications.
    • Know that it is only permissible activities that will give you relief and contentment while the impermissible and illegal will only make you more miserable.
    We pray Allah keep you firm on the religion and positive.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question