Reward for a person who weeps over their past and sins?
  • Question:

I have committed many sins in my life and repent every day. Each time I repent I shed tears in fear of Allah, I remember seeing a Hadith about a person who cries will never enter Jahannam and when I am sitting there crying and wondering if Allah will forgive me, this hadith gives me a lot of assurance, could you please let me know if this hadith is authentic and also what other hadiths or ayahs are there regarding when a person weeps over their past and sins.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

May Allah bless you and all the believers with the best of forgiveness.

There are a number of authentic and reliable Prophetic reports that indicate Allah’s rewards and forgiveness for the one who sheds sincere tears in fear of Allah. Hence there is positive hope in your situation. Stay committed to good deeds and always strive for the obedience of Allah, In-sha Allah you will be forgiven and entered into paradise.
    “One who weeps out of fear of Allah, will not enter hell.” (Tirmidhi)

“A person who remembered Allah while they are alone and their eyes overflowed with tears out of His fear will be shaded by Allah the day there will be no shade except His.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question