Which surah it may be better to recite, to get rid of mental problems affected to my mother?
  • Question:

To get rid of mental problems affected to my mother which surah it may be better to recite? She eats high doses of tablets as directed by psychiatrist and now our home is a sad house now. She is in a state of consciousness and depression.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

We pray for healing, treatment, recovery and cure for your mother. May Allah ease the difficulties and transform the sadness to happiness.

We suggest the following supplications:

Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-hammi wal-Ḥuzn wal-'ajaz wal-kasl wal-bukhl wal-jubn wa ḍalaid-dayn wa ghalabatir-rijal.‘ - O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

Allahumma adhibil ba’sa Rabb an-naas Ishfi antash-shaafii la shifa’aa illa shifa-uka shifa-an la yughadiru saqaman - O Allah take away the hardship, O Lord of mankind, give shifa, You are the One who cures, there is no cure except Your shifa, a cure that will not leave any sickness.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question