How a woman can help a man become more Islamic?
  • Question:

Two years ago, while my level of faith was still low, I met a non-Muslim man and I became friends with him. I was born Muslim, and he started asking me about Islam. In order to answer him correctly, I started researching, which is how I found your site, and it helped me turn closer to Allah and practice my salah more diligently. My friend is also interested in becoming a Muslim, and I would like to help him learn, but being a woman, I am not too sure about the ways of helping him learn to pray. Can you tell me of some ways how a woman can help a grown man learn salah and other practices, since women cannot be imams, so I cannot really let him watch me or be the one to recite out loud, despite taking a position behind him?

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

Great to know that our website has been your inspiration. We pray you continue to succeed in every facet of your life.

We suggest you give him authentic Islamic books for learning and also introduce him to either a male relative, a local imam or a male elder in your community. These males can then practically teach him the tenants of islam and prayer.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question