How can I fix my self according to the Islamic methods?
  • Question:

As a child I had a traumatic experience, which cause physiological effects to me. I began to do abnormal things like cross-dressing and acting as the opposite sex. My question is how can I fix my self according to the Islamic method. Did the beloved prophet of Allah PBUH say anything about fixing your state of mind?

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

We pray Allah relive you of your trauma and bring speedy recovery to you with complete comfort and peace.

In light of Islamic teachings, we suggest the following:

• Make constant supplications for Allah to relieve you.
    • Be punctual with the mandatory practises of Islam such as prayer and fasting
    • Surround yourself with good friends and positive people
    • Attend Islamic events and gatherings consistently
    • Stay in contact with a reliable mentor or counsellor who can be there for you to openly discuss your challenges and find suitable solutions.
    • Be a positive thinker and instill good thoughts in your mind as much as possible.
    • Seek medical treatment after consulting with medical professionals.
    • Know that Allāh’s Mercy, Compassion and Kindness are endless.
    • Do not follow up the evil thoughts. Busy your mind with positive and better thoughts.
    • Recite أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ excessively.
    • Be punctual in doing dhikr and reciting Qur’ān.
    • Try to remain in wudū at all times.
    • Avoid too much loneliness and seclusion. Remain in the company of positive, motivated and religious friends and relatives.
    • Know that you will not be punished for random or evil thoughts that enter the mind.

“Allah overlooks the [inappropriate] thoughts of the nafs (base self) for my community, as long as they do not discuss it with others or act upon it.” (Ṣaḥīḥ Bukhārī)

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question