Akrab - Does It Have Anything to do with Inauspicious Time?
  • Question:

My question is regarding the akrab as I heard that doing any auspicious work on this day is not good. Please clear this for me. And the second thing I am a barren lady and very frustrated with this I believe completely in Allah still I feel I am going through a jealousy feeling for my sister in law who is pregnant I am very ashamed of this and don’t know what to do. I do dikhr still I feel I am lacking somewhere I am not able to concentrate please guide me for good.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

I believe by 'Akrab' you are referring to the time when the moon is in a certain position. In Islam, Muslims believe Almighty Allah is the One that provides all goodness and protects from evil. The moon and it being in a certain position does not cause bad luck or evil effects. To believe so is against the principles of true islamic creed.

Being blessed with pregnancy and children is a great bounty from the Almighty. Allah blesses whom so ever He wishes. Allah may have granted many blessings to you which your sister in law or others may not have. Try to remain positive by recollecting and remembering all your blessings which others do not have. Be happy for the decisions Allah makes for others. Keep your mind and your self occupied in doing good, practising the teachings of the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him). Surround yourself with positive people and In-sha Allah you will feel better.

We pray for your success.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question