Dishonouring Parents - Dealing with Regret and Depression
  • Question:

I m deeply regretting upon my self on breaking my parents trust and making them upset because of me on some issues, although they forgave me but how should I deal with my regret as am very depressed about making them upset and cry fearing that Allah (swt) will never forgave me for this sin. What should I do?

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

Your concern to strengthen your relationship with your parents is admirable.

Know that Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful for any and all sin. Seek forgiveness from Allah and never return to the sin again.

As for your parents, you should continue serving them, respecting them and wishing well for them.

Be confident that once you regret over your sin, repent and make amends, Allah is ever Merciful and He will forgive you. Do not get stuck in the past. Live the present and future with the best of Islamic practice and character.

May Allah bless you with the best of obedience and success in your future life.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question