Guiding a Lost Brother
  • Question:

My family and I are practicing Muslims. Alhamdulillah we have been given hidayah and nur to maintain our steadfast beliefs. But unfortunately, my brother has renounced his faith in Islam recently. He has denounced his belief in Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as his Messenger. And since, he has converted to Catholicism. Naudhubillah I do not wish to give up on him, and have since tried to coach him back to Islam, but he has made up his mind. He says he does not believe in the Islamic concept of salvation. And this issue is stemmed for the extremist Jihad acts of vandalism and mass murders. How can I bring him back? What should I do?

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

We advise that you continue loving your brother and talking to him regarding Islam. In most situations like your brothers, individuals do not have the thorough understanding of certain Islamic concepts. This is why we suggest you study and research the true meaning of Jihad in Islam through reliable sources and explain the genuine understanding to him. You can also take him to dependable authentic Islamic scholars to have a civil and pertinent dialogue to clear the misconceptions. Also pray to Allah that Allah guide him and everyone to the truth.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question