Child out of Infidelity
  • Question:

    What to do if your husband cheats on you and as a result there is a child. We have children as well.

    Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

    Thank you for your question.

    Infidelity is definitely painful and devastating for a partner. Our advice is to seek family therapy and counselling. One may choose to end the marriage and move on, or one may choose to forgive and re-establish the marriage with some concrete agreements in place.

    “If they both desire reconciliation, Allah will cause it between them. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Acquainted [with all things].” (4:35)

    And Allah knows best.

    Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question