Ayatul Qursi - Benefits of Reciting
  • Question

What are the benefits of reading Ayatul Qursi? I have read numerous Hadiths about 70,000 angels protecting you etc and one Hadith that Allah also personally protects you. Could you please provide a detailed answer with all the relevant Hadiths As I think this is an amazing source of Information we should all know and I want to tell my friends and family also.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

Ayat al Kursi, also known as “the verse of the throne” is verse 2:255 of the Quran.

The following are the virtues regarding the verse:

• It is the most virtuous verse of the Quran. (Sahih Muslim)

• It glorifies Allah by His throne. (Musnad Ahmad)

• It contains the Ism al A’adham (the words that bring acceptance of prayers) – (Ibn Majah)

• Reciting it after every fardh prayer will guarantee entry into paradise. (Nasai)

• Allah sends special protection of angels for the one who recites it, especially before sleeping. (Bukhari)

• The reciter is protected from the devils and harm. (Bukhari)

• There are other numerous benefits recorded in weak and or fabricated narrations such as: 50 000 blessings in the verse, protection of 70 000 angels for the one who recites it, protection of one’s home for it’s reciter, 40 years of forgiveness, 80 000 angels descend with each segment of the verse when recited, it equals one forth of the Quran and rewards of being with the prophets when constantly recited.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question