Wanting a Way Out of a Haram Relationship
  • Question:

Two years ago I got into a haram relationship mainly due to lust. Soon I realised my sinful ways and out of fear of Allah I wanted to break the relationship but I wasn’t able to as I am afraid the girl will attempt suicide. I really want out, and mend my ways, what can I do?

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

May Allāh bless you for your concern to leave sin and the unlawful.

In your particular situation, you have expressed that you want to stop this unlawful relationship. The first thing you need to do is, inform her, respectively, that you want to end the illicit relationship. After that you should cut off all ties and communication with her.

Regarding the fears of her harming herself, you should advise her to immediately see a doctor and a therapist so she can amicably address her personal situation.

Remain firm on practicing all Qur’ānic injunctions. Try your best to avoid all sin and continue praying to the Almighty for steadfastness. In shā Allāh, Allāh will allow you to overcome this situation. May Allāh grant success.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question