Prayer - Improving Khushoo (Concentration) in Salah
  • Question:

What are the best tips for improving Khushoo in Salah? I really want to achieve peace in my salah.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question.

There are many ways to increase concentration in Salaah. Firstly, you can read books like “Khushoo in Prayer” by Imam Ibn Rajab (ra) and “33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in Salaah” by Muhammad Al Munajjid. As for some practical tips from my end:

1. Learn and understand the meanings of the words you say in every prayer such as Al Fatiha, Tashahud, etc.

2. Make more time for your prayer. If you rush through it its impossible to gain khushoo. Read the words slowly and try to pause and reflect with each word.

3. Prepare for your prayer 5 minutes in advance by making Dua, reading Quran, and repeating words of remembrance. This will prepare your heart to enjoy its prayer.

4. Prepare yourself physically for prayer by setting the right environment and taking care of your needs before you start.

5. Pray the Sunnahs before prayer to get yourself in the mood to give you a better quality Fard prayer.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Omar Suleiman
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Director – Islamic Learning Foundation
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question