Job, Loan and Delaying Marriage
  • Question:

I have been employed a year back and having a good salary Alhamdulillah. However sales jobs are difficult and I may be fired at any time with/without reason. I fear for my job security this as I have a loan to repay and have also delayed marriage. Due to job and loan issues, I have no confidence in mind to search for a better half. One of the hadith says those who delay the marriage are disliked by our prophet Muhammad(PBUH). Please advise.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you for your question. May Allah Almighty place blessings in your sustenance and provisions. May Allah also ease your task in looking for a suitable partner.

My recommendation would be to remain positive. Allah is very merciful. Masha Allah you are presently employed. You should work hard and strive to fulfil your duties at work, to the best of your abilities. Constantly pray to Allah to help you in your positive goals of life. Try to slowly pay off your loans. Let people in your family and surroundings know that you are looking to get married. Insha Allah, Allah will facilitate success. Also note that if you have the basic financial requirements to support a wife with the basic necessities, then you should go ahead and get married. Allah promises Barakah and blessings through marriage.

"Arrange the marriage of the spouseless among you, and the capable from among your bondmen and bondwomen. If they are poor, Allah will enrich them out of His grace. Allah is All-Encompassing, All-Knowing".(Qur'an 24:32)

And Allah knows best.

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
    Hadith of the Day Imam
    Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute
Earn Amazing Reward
Join HOTD Love HOTD Meet the HOTD Imams Ask a Question

Asalaam Alaykum!

If you want to ask the HOTD Imam a question please click Ask a Question